If you’ve been following our story for a while, you probably feel like you know me pretty well. If you’re new to this site and my family’s story, these are some major (and minor) parts of me:
- Jesus Christ is my Savior, and my relationship with Him guides my life.
- I’ve been journaling regularly since I was 8 years old.
- I love to read. I’m usually reading more than one book at a time. As I write this, I’m reading The Subtle Knife*, The One Year Book of Hope*, and Random House Guide to Good Writing*.
- I wear one contact lens because my right eye is fine, but my left eye is really messed up.
- Attending Philadelphia Biblical University was one of the best decisions of my life. I already had an excellent theological framework as a high school student, thanks to the best youth pastor in the world, but PBU helped me work through the deep details of God’s Word and focused entirely on making my faith work in real life. (Bonus: I happened to meet my husband there, too.)
- I dated my husband for 7 weeks before we got engaged. Everyone thought we were crazy. (I’d love to write about that story some day!)
- I never thought I’d be a stay-at-home mom. It’s not that I was set on being a working mom. I’d never really thought about it too much, but I assumed that I would take maternity leave and go back to work. When I was pregnant with my first baby, I cried for hours just thinking about having to go back to work. Didn’t see that one coming.
[An asterisk* indicates an affiliate link, which could lead you to a product or website through which I receive a commission. More about that on the disclosure page.]